Memorial

Leave a Comment
A week ago today my dad called my mom over to the computer to see a picture on Chris' blog. The kids had a lemonade stand and Dad thought she'd get a kick out of it. She would have. Something was wrong and he knew it and he called 9-1-1.
Thursday Kaitlyn and Colin received the news that Mimi had died. Chris told me they were whispering to each other through the day, going out back to the neighbor's house, coming back excited. They had been looking for a place to build a Mimi memorial and the neighbors said they could construct it next to their house. They even helped them nail the cross together.

The grief comes and goes in waves. It helped to talk with my dad yesterday. He was excited to have someone to share what he's been doing. The memorial service is Saturday, the 30th, my mom's birthday. She would have been 80. And she would have loved this memorial.

0 comments :

Post a Comment