The Reading Rattler

5 comments
At the height of our exposure our 4 youngest children were unable to read. Colin and Reagan got reading glasses to help. But blurry vision, headaches, and dizziness kept them far away from books. School, therefore, became impossible and I wondered if the day would ever come when I would find their imaginations captured by their favorite authors.

The day has come. Colin has 30 pages left in the book Crispin. Brandon is excited about Poppy. Kaitlyn just finished the story of Karana, the girl who lived alone for years on the Island of the Blue Dolphins, and Reagan is on page 390 in the Count of Monte Cristo. Kristen is reading Great Expectations for her online English class. Colin and Reagan no longer need their reading glasses.

Ancient Chinese medicine says that the eyes are intricately connected to the liver.

The kids have been so excited about reading they wanted to resurrect our tradition of a summer reading chart. For every 20 minutes of reading they fill in a square and move toward the grand prize. (There's a water park in Phoenix we've been eyeing.) We award small prizes along the way. This year instead of a slurpee, it's 2 Odwalla juices. This year we're doing the "Reading Rattler."

The kids are reading again. I just colored in another square as we move closer toward our grand prize of recovered lives.

5 comments :

  1. Praise God! It is awful to feel so ill that reading hurts so what a wonderful gift to be able to enjoy it again, for pleasure and to feed thirsty minds. Have a great summer filling in the rattlers.
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see a way to contact you perhaps I can via a comment. I am mold sufferer, live in Scottsdale and am a patient of Dr. Shoemaker. I have a blog where I have written about mold along with other topics. I recently saw Shoemaker and he is having astounding results by using Aviptadil (VIP). I was and am always helped by using CSM when re-exposed. Reading your story was painful to me and I pray you are all better.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat,
    You can e-mail me at akfabry@comcast.net.
    I would love to hear more of your story.
    thanks for the info on Avptadil!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, I just read the last lady's comment. I have my phone consult with dr shoemaker tomorrow, and I too, have heard amazing things about the new VIP treatment he is using. I will find out tomorrow and share what I learn! Hope you and family are doing well. -marc-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your children are enjoying reading, what a blessing in your path to healing. I remember your summer reading program from last year when Mr. Fabry mentioned it on his show :D

    ReplyDelete