A New Chapter

4 comments
It's hard to believe it's 9/11. 8 years. I was holding Brandon in my arms in our living room, in shock and disbelief.

It was two years ago on 9/11 that Reagan called from school to say his ear was ringing. His tinnitus soon turned into vertigo and vomiting. Within two months we were carrying him to the bathroom.

Today on 9/11 we are faced with a new crisis. We heard late yesterday that our mold levels are elevated in this house. We don't know what type of mold is haunting us; we just know it's hindering our recovery. We also know that it's not limited to one bathroom.

The levels don't come close to our Colorado house. In fact most people would do fine in this house. At least for a while. But we can't afford to stay.

And so we begin a new chapter. The search for a new safe house. We've learned some important lessons. Experience seems to be the best teacher when it comes to toxic mold and its resulting health issues.

I think of the family members who lost loved ones in the 9/11 tragedy. I imagine that in some ways 8 years feels like a blink. One day it will be like that for our family. Today I'm going to lean on this verse:

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory" (2 Cor. 4:17)Last night the 11 of us sat in a circle and held hands. We haven't all been together since the tragedy began two years ago. As I listened to each one pray I knew without a doubt that we'll get through it. I believe with all my heart there's something bigger about every story. Including ours. And this new chapter.

4 comments :

  1. You will get through this no doubt in my mind! I will continue to cover you guys with the stripes of Jesus! I am glad you are together as a family.. May God hear our prayers..fill your cup with the new chapter where ever it may take you.

    loveyou
    shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this is happening...again. Did you have a test done to find out? I understand you better now.
    I'm praying for, as always, and hope that the knowledge of so many people thinking and praying for you will bring some comfort to you, Chris and the kids.

    Big bear hugs for y'all,
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should give Tye on Extreme home a call he could help..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Andrea,
    Indeed there is something bigger in every story. Your story is already bigger than you can even imagine and I don’t mean only the physical hardships, which are many and constant. Your family is staying faithful to God in this storm (many turn away from Him). He may seem “quiet” to you right now; I know He did to me lots of times when the storm seemed to go on and on. But I discovered again and again that He was always there. I had a whole lot of things written to send that explained our “bigger story.” It is bigger than MCS/mold and bigger than terminal cancer even. But I decided I would just let the words of Ray Boltz’s song, "The Anchor Holds" tell it for me. This truly is our story. I asked a friend to sing it at my husband’s services so the world would know of God’s faithfulness to our family:

    "I’ve had visions and I’ve had dreams,
    I’ve even held them in my hands.
    But I never knew those dreams could slip right through,
    like they were only grains of sand.

    I have been young, but I am older now, and there has been beauty these eyes have seen.
    But it was in the night, through the storms of my life;
    Oh, that’s where God proved
    His love to me."

    "The anchor holds
    though the ship is battered.
    The anchor holds, though the sails are torn.
    I have fallen on my knees as I faced the raging seas.
    But the anchor holds
    In spite of the storms."

    You wrote "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory" (2 Cor. 4:17) Thank you for staying faithful. Love to you, Emma

    ReplyDelete