Green Juice

5 comments
There are a myriad of green juice possibilities. I thought I'd include our most recent, in honor of St. Patrick's Day.

Spinach
Carrot
Ginger
Cucumber
Celery
Green apple
and/or
Lemon

The proportions vary. It depends on what we have and how much we have. I wash the produce but don't scrape the skin. The lemon is juiced as is.

The kids do fine with no apples or lemons. The carrots provide a certain sweetness.

I can't say enough about the health benefits of juicing. We started with a basic juicer 6 months ago and recently upgraded to a Green Star Juicer. Both models have served us well.

The difference between lower price and higher price models lies in the extracting mechanism. The Green Star, for instance, uses twin gear technology. This means more juice is extracted and the pulp comes out drier. The lower price models rely on centrifugal force to push the pulp against the strainer.

Now that I've used both, I can say that the higher price model is well worth the investment. It is easier to clean (although still requires some work), easier to use, and more adaptable to a wider variety of foods.

I look forward to creating the juices now!

I'd love to hear other green juice recipe ideas in the comment section.

5 comments :

  1. Thank you! I've wanted to know some launching points for juicing, especially "green". Ha, everything (and I do mean everything), I blend, comes out greenish anyway because of adding some form of chlorophyll. My morning blend includes orange juice, yogurt, frozen blue berries and GreenVibrance. kt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I juice what has served well to detox my body over the past few years: Lettuce (Romaine or Leaf), Carrots, Apple and Beets...and with a spoonful of cod liver oil. I must say I plug my nose while drinking it but the benefits derived are well worth it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like green cabbage and celery. I use a quarter of cabbage and a few celery stalks. It doesn't make a ton of juice but it is very alkaline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you think of the VITA-MIX juicer?


    Harry T
    Worcester,MA

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the Vita Mix juicer. We took a break from supplements and purchased both the Green Star and the Vita Mix. I love both. I prefer the texture and taste of the juices made with Green Star and use the Vita Mix for all sorts of other things like salad dressings, hash browns, etc.
    There are great health benefits to blending the greens in the Vita Mix.

    ReplyDelete