The following 5-minute video was created by my 13-year-old son Reagan for a contest sponsored by the Environmental Protection Agency. Included are excerpts of an interview with mold specialist Dr. Michael Gray.
June 2000 Chris, myself and our 8 children move from a small 1800-square-foot home in suburban Chicago to an expansive, relatively new 5500-square-foot home in Monument, Colorado. We choose Colorado for its beauty and close proximity to Chris’ writing colleagues... (read more)
You suspect mold in your home. Someone in your family has symptoms that baffle doctors. Where do you start? Here are some suggestions.
About Andrea Fabry
I am a former journalist and the mother of nine children ranging in age from 28 to 12. My husband Chris, myself, and our children find ourselves in the desert of Arizona attempting to rebuild our health and our lives following a massive toxic mold exposure. The organization momsAWARE comes out of this crisis as a means to help educate and empower others on the subject of environmental health. Our family has also launched a natural line of personal care products called Just So, available at our Online Store.
Just So Natural Products
Connect with Andrea on Google+
Things I Have Learned Along The Way
Horopito, Olive Leaf Extract, Pau d'arco, Garlic, and Grapefruit Seed Extract are a few of the natural antifungals.
The importance of mold remediation is talked about in the Old Testament. It is clear in Leviticus 14 that mold is hazardous
Add borax and/or white vinegar and/or baking soda to your laundry. These are all excellent antifungal agents.
Chlorine bleach will not kill the toxins produced by mold. In fact, the chlorine makes the toxins more lipid soluble. The toxins then penetrate the skin more readily.
Ventilate your home whenever possible. If you have an opportunity to open a window even for an hour it is healthy. Stagnant air is like stagnant water.
In 1999 the Mayo Clinic released a study implicating fungus as the primary cause of chronic sinus infections. 96% of those studied showed high counts of mold spores in their nasal passages.