Dear Mom

7 comments
It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since I heard your voice. You were anticipating your upcoming trip to New York City. Excited to turn 80. You weren’t feeling well. And yet you were eager to hear our latest. Eager to assure me.

“You’re doing great,” you said. Just like always. As if you believed something that I couldn’t.

It’s been a long year without you, Mom.

You’d be proud of the kids. They’re doing so well with their uphill battle. Such determination. I’d give anything to show you their writings, photographs, and art. You would marvel at the beauty that’s emerging from the ashes.

I sure do miss you, Mom.

I’m comforted knowing your soul has found a resting place. No more mystery. No more striving. No more suffering. No more questions or conflict. And no more uphill climb.

I’m tired of our climb. I know you would understand that. I get so overwhelmed I can barely breathe. But then I hear your voice, not on the phone, but from the top of the mountain. And slowly, I rise up and take that next step.

Thanks for cheering me on, Mom.

I love you.

Happy Mother's Day.

7 comments :

  1. What a beautiful letter to your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet. I know she is smiling down on you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, it blessed me so much to read your love letter to your Mom...thank you for inspiring me to do the same. We miss them so much, but what a joy to know that we carry them with us, in spirit.
    They were, and continue to be our best cheerleaders and friends!
    With love to you,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you this Mother's Day, Andrea. Hope we get to meet sometime this year. Get well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day to you, Andrea. I'm sure your mom is cheering you on from a happier place. Peace and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok ... that brought tears to my eyes.

    hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day
    be well

    d-
    chgo il

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

    ReplyDelete