Covert Chicken Feet

5 comments
I used to do one-stop grocery shopping. Stock up on macaroni and cheese, head down the meat aisle, and end with a few fruits or vegetables.

Times have changed. Embracing Hippocrates’ admonishment to make food our medicine, I joined an organic buying club and discovered farmers markets. Because I buy in bulk, I now "shop" for food in rather unconventional ways. At times I feel like I'm performing a CIA covert operation. The mission is not an easy one. Sometimes a shot of wheatgrass juice is all that keeps me going.



Special thanks to producer/director Reagan Fabry
and concept creator Sherry Parmelee.

My suppliers, in order of appearance:

Marcia's soy-free eggs
Walking J Farm (best chicken feet in the world)
White Cane Sockeye Salmon
Fiore di Capra goat dairy

5 comments :

  1. :) well done you guys! thanks for bringing a smile to my day:) kt

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the music - it got everyone in my family's attention, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny! What do you do with the chicken feet???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonya,
    I use them for chicken broth..The recipe is here:

    http://momsaware.org/recipes/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3:how-to-make-chicken-stock&catid=8:stock&Itemid=10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Great video concept! Love it. Andrea, this is Jocelyn from GOBC. Thanks for sharing this with the co-op group. :D

    ReplyDelete