February Goal: Meal Plan

13 comments
I can now cross off another of my goals for the New Year: a 14-Meal Rotational Plan. These are dinners only. Breakfast and lunch look very similar unless a smoothie or juice substitute for a meal. Snacks include beef jerky, kale chips, fermented fruit leather, boiled eggs, and avocado ice cream.

We currently follow a grain-free diet, as outlined in the book Gut and Psychology Syndrome. Meals are based on inclusion of organ meats, fish, fats, and free-range, organic poultry.
  1. Meatloaf (include kidney, heart, and liver, as well as green juice pulp). Adapted from Rejuvenating Recipes' Delicious Turkey Meatloaf recipe.
  2. Spaghetti squash with vegetable stir-fry and green salad. *
  3. Chicken fajita lettuce wraps with guacamole.
  4. Blackened salmon with vegetable (adapted from this recipe, using ghee instead of vegetable oil).
  5. Roasted chicken (we include extra drumsticks). I typically adapt this recipe, substituting ghee for the olive oil.
  6. Beef brisket with onions.
  7. Spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce.
  8. Chicken salad wraps with homemade mayonnaise.
  9. Sausage (include kidney, heart, and liver, as well as green juice pulp). Adapted from Millie's Sausages at Rejuvenating Recipes.
  10. Mexican vegetables (lots of red/green bell peppers) with salsa and guacamole. *
  11. Bacon, eggs, and pancakes made with squash and coconut flour (adapted from this Grain-Free Pancakes recipe).
  12. Chicken drumsticks and vegetable casserole.
  13. Lemon pepper salmon.
  14. Chili (add beef bone for extra fat).
* Meatless meals.

All meals are served with fermented vegetables and/or drink, as well as chicken broth/vegetables.

Vegetable options include sautéed greens, steamed vegetables, oven-baked veggies, and mashed cauliflower.

13 comments :

  1. Ok, now i'm hungry:)
    Great plan Andrea!!
    Thanks for sharing all these variations. I have trouble alternating foods and meals. This helps a lot! kt

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like great meals, Andrea! What were your goals in putting this together?

    Thanks, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Structure and Motivation...I'm trying to integrate more of the organ meats and more vegetables...I'm hoping this helps on both counts. I'm also hoping to avoid the "what are we having?" question at 4pm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend told me, right after I got married, that the secret to housework was to make dinner in the mornings (ready to just reheat at dinner time).

    I think another secret, for organization as well as health, is having a structured cycle meal plan like this!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much Andrea for sharing and the effort you put into this. This will motivate and help a lot !
    Appreciate your blog and website, Aban

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, I'd like to try diffusing some essential oils into my home...figure it cannot hurt, and only help. Can you provide a 101 on what type of oils to use, where to buy them, how to diffuse them, etc? I'd like to purchase the oils and a diffuser but not sure where? Also, wasn't sure how much oil was needed for different size rooms, and how long the diffuser should be run...thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right...it can't hurt. I would check out the website:
    Diffuserworld.com for diffusers and oil recommendations. You will want a nice theraputic pure oil. A little goes a long way....Diffusers can be put on a timer to run a couple of times a day for 15 minutes at a time. It's best to diffuse for smaller increments of time....our systems handle it best this way. I really love DoTerra oils.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your meal plan! This is encouraging to me. My husband & I are planning to begin the Anti-Candida Diet soon, and it seems like a nearly insurmountable task! Your meal plan gives me some good ideas and helps me realize that we can do this!

    Also, why did you choose the GAPS diet over the ACD? I would love to know incase we should look towards GAPS instead.

    -ma

    ReplyDelete
  9. ma,
    We adapted GAPS to accomodate our need for anti-candida. Keeping fruit out/minimum has helped a great deal. There are so many "in" and "out" foods on the various plans that I keep my focus on foods that are in common such as ferments, organ meats, vegetables, etc.In the end, I think it's instinct and listening to your own body's needs. I love the science behind GAPS...the detailed explanation of the gut flora and digestive process.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrea, great stuff as always. 2 questions...1) how long did you stay on the "intro" gaps diet before moving to the Full gaps diet? And 2) how long did it take while on the gaps diet until you said..."wow, something is working here and I can "feel" a difference?" Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're somewhere between intro and full even now. The first week on intro my body went into major detox....kids too. It hasn't been a "cure" for us...just a really good path.

    ReplyDelete
  12. On your turkey meatloaf recipe you can substitute chia gel. Can you tell me how you make chia gel? I have not heard about this before.
    Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  13. 4 tablespoons chia gel...2 cups water....
    stir with whisk..keeps in fridge for one week.
    Approx. 1 tablespoon gel equals one egg...but recipes vary on this...see what works.

    ReplyDelete