A Kind Reminder

4 comments
A friend from Colorado came to visit yesterday. She is in Phoenix this week visiting her mom. She drove two hours to take pictures, watch us nebulize, and remind me that we aren't alone on this journey. I still can't believe she gave up her day. She brought a brand new guitar donated from a father who had been saving it for his young children. He graciously decided we needed it. He was right. The sound of music is echoing in our tiny home and, again, reminds me we aren't alone on this journey.
Cathy also brought notes of encouragement from our church family, neighbors, school friends, even a friend from Illinois. I cried as I was, again, reminded we aren't alone on this journey. So many verses and quotes. I share this quote knowing that one of you is traveling a difficult road filled with obstacles, heartache, and darkness.

"A new life requires a death of some kind; otherwise it is nothing new, but rather a shuffling of the same deck. What we die to is an outworn way of being in the world. We experience ourselves differently. We are no longer who we thought we were. But I do not suggest for one moment that it is easy... No wonder, then, that a journey of this kind can seem fraught with danger, at least from the perspective of common sense. Danger and darkness are in the nature of any pilgrimage, whatever the destination."

4 comments :

  1. you are so wise! that quote is taped on my wall the day you gave it to me! this journey is hard, but God will hold your hand each day. i hope to see you in April around the play.. We are going to it on Friday night. Will you be there that night? "One day at a time"--- loveyou! and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this. We will be heading to North Peoria (near Lake Pleasant) AZ for 6 weeks, arriving May 17 or 18. I wish we were close to you, but for now this will be as close as we can get. I'd like to know more about your doctor and maybe even schedule a consultation while we're down. We all feel like this is the right step to take, taken in faith, but a bit of trepidation since my husband is not going to be down there much and he's the one that takes care of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a powerful quote at the end there....what is this from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure of the origin. I will try to find it!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete