My Kitchen, My Ally

2 comments
If avoidance is the first line of defense against toxic mold, then altering our diet has to be close behind. I take this from Hippocrates, who linked our health to the air we breathe and the food we eat. Known as the father of medicine, Hippocrates was the first to introduce the idea that illness had a physical and rational explanation. A far cry from the belief of his day that illness was the result of evil spirits. He went so far as to say,

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."
Before our exposure to toxic mold I easily succumbed to a world of fast food and sugar. Our pantry was full of Pop-Tarts and Fruit Loops. Our diet was our destiny, or so it seemed.

As it became clear that our mold exposure would not easily be reversed, the words of Hippocrates haunted me. I knew I needed to change our diet. The task was daunting to say the least.

I started slowly. I remember how foreign it was for me to shop in the health food section. The prices and labels were overwhelming. Little by little I introduced new foods and altered my grocery list. We eliminated gluten and cut way down on sugar. I felt lost, however, and kept trying to find "healthier foods."

Now that I understand what fungus does to the body, I know what I'm looking for and why.

Fungus lacks chlorophyll and therefore cannot make its own food. When ingested or inhaled it must have food in order to live. Its primary food? Sugar and carbohydrates. What happens when we cut out sugar and carbohydrates? The fungi and the resulting mycotoxins die.

Many of the foods that help restore health, therefore, have chlorophyll. The greener the food the more chlorophyll. Thus broccoli and spinach truly are "superfoods."

The best help I've found with diet is Doug Kaufmann's Anti-Fungal Diet. The Phase One Diet is comprised of meats, specific vegetables, specific fruits, plain yogurt, and more. If you have 3 minutes to spare, watch the Fungus 101 video on the homepage of the website Know The Cause.

We have seen significant die-off responses and improvements from Phase One. It's a lot of work, but I would rather be in my kitchen than another doctor's office. With the exception of insulin we have eliminated all prescription medications.

We have a long way to go. But every day away from a mold-contaminated environment and every stalk of broccoli puts us one day closer to restored health.

2 comments :

  1. Hello Andrea,

    Enjoyed your program with Chris on Friday....I was rooting for you ;) and Lamar's comments were soooo wise. We all needed to hear those.

    Good for you all in being able to stop medications except insulin...and cutting back on the sugar/carbs. It's amazing how sugar depresses the immune system and prevents natural healing.

    Stay the course....I have a friend who always says to me:"Imagine where you were a year ago! And how far you have come."

    Praying for you all....Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andrea, So so inspiring to hear this, For years cooking has been has been a dreadful task (14 years) ..I don't enjoy cooking and thought I am missing out on the convenienced of processed food because of the many restrictions in my daughters diet.(Thinking back, it is a blessing in disguise) But thank you for this article. At just the right time... your article came...I am overwhelmed by the further restrictions that we are about to face due to my daughter's new diagnosis. Thank you for sharing about the diet..medicine... for being encouraging and not pushy...acknowledging that it is hard and we can take slow steps to changes...God must have been preparing me as well thru your life..Eversince I followed your blog this year I am so blessed but also at the back of my mind I am thinking.."what could God be preparing me for ..." I thank God for you.

    ReplyDelete