Sick Building Syndrome Discussion

5 comments
The following video discusses far more than chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. It is a fascinating look at the implications of water damage in buildings. This comes from the Holtorf Medical Group, based in California. Their website makes this statement:

"There is increasing evidence that a chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia can be caused or exacerbated by exposure to toxins produced by living organisms (biotoxins). Research has shown that the exposure can be from both internal (chronic infections) and external sources such as mold infested buildings."

The entire lecture is worth viewing. I have chosen this excerpt for its discussion of cholestyramine and the dynamics involved in neurotoxic illness.

Neurotoxins and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia #2 (Part 4/7)

5 comments :

  1. Andrea,
    Thank you for starting this blog. I was talking with my friend Tonya last night and she gave me your blog. I have been ill for the last 2 1/2 years and had many many tests with normal results. I did call my doctor today about the lab work. But could you explain the leptin to me. Thanks!

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. good info. exactly what dr shoemaker teaches also. Hope you guys are well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy,
    The best explanation on leptin comes from Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker.

    Leptin is a hormone made by fat cells. It's also a cytokine that participates in regulating body mass, and storing fatty acids efficiently. It also activates production of MSH, which in turn regulates much of the immune response from the innate immune system. High leptin and low MSH are the markers for obesity caused by toxins. With high leptin in a biotoxin patient, weight loss is incredibly difficult.

    I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work in a building that has a HUGE decorative pond. I have been employed there for over 6 years and just recently myself and others have noticed a strong mold smell. The managers were notified and in return had a fellow worker just scrub the stones on the bottom of the pond with a long brush but it still smells. I have noticed that I gained ALOT of weight but havent been eating more then usual also my body is becoming more and more painfull , mostly with my feet also have a dizzy feeling like a sinus infection as well as do a few other co workers. Is there someone we can call to have an outside source come in and do some tests for the mold/smell? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can call an environmental hygienist. I suggest asking them some specific questions regarding toxic mold before hiring them. Make sure they are qualified. An air test will not be sufficient. Dust, bulk, tape samples, ERMI are some of the other tests to consider to give you a complete picture. From what you're telling me this environment is hazardous. You are wise to relate these symptoms to the indoor air quality, especially in regard to the pond.
    Let me know if you have any other questions. andrea@chrisfabry.com

    ReplyDelete