Eyeglass Awakening

6 comments
I bought new glasses this week. Not because I wanted a new look or needed a new prescription.

I bought them because it suddenly dawned on me that I never replaced my glasses after we left our home.

We disposed of our clothing, threw away our shoes, and replaced wallets and purses. But not my eyewear. It never entered my mind.

Until my recent awakening.

My brain is connecting dots and seeing things for the first time.

Like the persistent bumps on the bridge of my nose that are located exactly where the eyeglasses rest.

Here’s a picture of the old glasses above my brand new ones. There's green stuff on the inside of the nosepads.

I don't have tests to prove this theory. It could be normal wear and tear. But I'm not taking a chance. The new glasses have put me on a better path.

As for the spots and bumps on my nose and under my eyes, I'm using some of my old tricks. Bentonite clay paste, charcoal soap (which we still use daily), and diluted grapefruit seed extract.

I wish I would have thought of this possibility sooner. I wish I would have "seen" this sooner.

But that's how I feel about the last nine years of our life.

At least I see now; through clean glasses.

6 comments :

  1. The clean glasses are a really good metaphor. I am glad for your progress, Andrea! May we all see through "clean glasses"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi- I stumbled on your website last night, and to me it was like a treasue trove of information and hope. My sister and I were teachers for the Lambton Kent District School Board in southwestern Ontario Canada. We have been ill for a long time, we knew there were problems with mold, and my sister, who was in a school worse than mine, developed issues, which turned into Parkinsons Disease. She has been gradually getting worse, and it is painful to watch. I have developed many symptoms such as mory, lung issues, etc. I applaud your efforts on behalf of your children-- all children-- Thanks== Islay E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking of you often lately... enjoying your posts, especially this one :) I love when God gives us REAL examples that are like a metaphor for something VERY spiritual, very deep that HE is teaching us... and others that He is touching through our lives...
    consider my life... touched...

    Congee has become a family favorite, as has the book you recommended.. though I confess at times my foggy mind feels too ... in the fog to really "get" what mr. pritchford is talking about... I glean what I can for now, and am making changes... :) seeing improvements, and know, it will come together soon...

    Praying for you and yours.. as you heal, body, soul and mind.... it really IS as deep as all that... isn't it?
    (((hugs)))
    your sister in Christ
    our WONDERFUL couselor
    our glorious Healer
    our KING
    <>< anika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uff da, Andrea! I'm glad you noticed, quite weird that it took so long though. I guess that's a an affect of the mold on your memory too. How long have you wore glasses?

    Anonymous, I glad you are now on the path to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea,
    Your mentioning having green spots on the nose pads, made me realize that I do, too! My glasses are
    fairly new, though, so not sure what the green really means.
    Always good to read your blog,
    God bless you!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm following all your progress. Heard you on the program Midday Connection and have followed you since. Just wanted you to know re: the green on the nosepads...I have this too and I asked a couple different people at LensCrafters and both have said that is a natural reaction that happens with the plastic used and your body oils. My husband has harder plastic nosepieces and they don't get this; it only happens with soft plastic nosepieces. For what it's worth...that's what they've said.
    But I'm glad you got new ones because the rash on your nose sounds suspicious.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete