My New Year's goals:
- Grow wheatgrass.
- Perfect our soapmaking recipe. (I failed in my first try and moderately succeeded in my second try.)
- Make natto. (Natto is a fermented soy food—something I'm eager to try with organic, non-GMO soybeans. Proper fermention helps deal with the antinutrients while offering a powerful probiotic. Here is an interesting article on the subject.)
- Make a liver recipe that my family will eat. (I eat raw liver and make capsules with dessicated liver for my kids, and throw in liver when I make sausage or meatloaf. I have yet to try to make a meal out of liver.)
- Prepare a 15-meal menu planner.
- Make pickles that taste as good as Bubbie's.
- Learn to compost.
- Make mustard.
- Make cultured butter.
- Expand my herb garden to include the herbs used for Four Thieves. (I love cleaning with Vinegar of the Four Thieves!)
- Make a printable shopping list which includes all the items I order from the food co-op, online, Whole Foods, etc.
- Make fermented salsa.
(My first batch of wheatgrass went fine until I overwatered. I tossed the moldy batch and so far so good with batch #2.)
If all goes well I'll head into 2013 with a meal plan, a compost pile, and a shopping list! And some nice fresh wheatgrass, of course.