If you're excited about transitioning away from our world of processed foods, the momsAWARE Natural Year Challenge may be just the help you need!
The Challenge is divided into 10 steps. One full month for each step. If you need a month to catch up, no problem! Follow along at your own pace. Here is an overview:
- Explore Your Sources. We'll give you ideas for both online and local food sources. Chances are there is a local supplier near you!
- Make a Meat Stock. Extremely sustaining to the body and fights everything from cancer to arthritis, if quality meats are used. We'll also talk about cooking meats in general, and the healthiest ways to prepare them.
- Use Healthy Oils and Fats. Confused about the conflicting information on this subject? You'll learn how to choose these products with confidence. A Lego demonstration explaining the different options is included!
- Learn Your Greens. Which are the best? How should I eat them? Ideas for juicing, steaming, stir-frying, and more.
- Make a Dairy Ferment. Time for a challenge, but you can do it—and your body will thank you for it! (Coconut milk can be used as a substitute for dairy.)
- Make Whey. Once we have made yogurt and kefir, we'll explore the benefits of homemade whey and learn the simple process of extracting it from our fermented dairy products. We'll learn why lactose-intolerant individuals often can tolerate homemade fermented dairy products.
- Make a Vegetable Ferment. Not as hard as you'd think, and extremely beneficial to digestion!
- Soak and Sprout. You choose! You can sprout almonds, buckwheat, or sunflower seeds. Learn why sprouting/soaking/fermenting your grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds gives a boost to your health.
- Make a Healthy Snack. Choose one of the following to try and enjoy on the go:
- Kale Chips
- Fruit Leather
- Dried Fruit
- Energy Bar
- Make a Cultured Condiment. Adding healthy probiotic food to every meal can be as simple as including a lacto-fermented condiment. We'll look at homemade ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise!