Grumbling in the Desert

3 comments

It's ironic we find ourselves in the desert. Egypt is starting to look good. We're the Israelites and Egypt is the home that made us so sick. Somehow the comforts of a contaminated home sound better than camping in the desert. We're not really camping but it feels that way. We have a card table, a desk, air mattresses and 3 tents. We tried to clean our mattresses but it was an uphill battle as Brandon continued to get nosebleeds just having them outside. We tried to buy a couch but the kids reacted to it so we took it back. Since this 1800 square foot home is all tile we'd like to add an area rug. We're hesitant to do that. A home with a brown couch and pictures on the walls sounds better than ever. Until I remember. We were seriously ill. We are still seriously ill. Three doctors have told us repeatedly we will not get better if we are in a toxic environment. When I remember why we're here and dig deep enough to believe something better is in store for us I can stop grumbling....maybe not for long...but for a moment.

3 comments :

  1. Moment by moment, one step at a time, with eyes on Jesus, our Beloved, the Author and Perfecter of our faith...leaning on Him...
    I'm praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 'happened' across your blog thru Chris'. I have wept soo many times reading about your journey (I am a new mom wondering what my cross will be)? I wonder why a family has to go thru this? I am sooo glad you have faith. I am sure at times it's weak......but hold onto the sliver that remains, don't let it go!!!! Andrea, I listened to you when you hosted Mid Day Connection. I loved you, you helped me grow in Christ. I met Chris this summer at the ICRS (I was so excited, I told all my family, they were jealous!). WCRF was my life line during a dark time in my life. May you see HIS face thru the tiny things today! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple ideas --

    How about making some large floor pillows/seat pillows out of organic cotton fabric and organic batting/stuffing -- or non-organic cotton fabric/batting/stuffing if your family can tolerate it? When I first developed MCS, I made myself an organic comforter, but I've found that I also tolerate plain stuffing, even polyester, (not fireproofed) just fine, too.

    Used furniture might be another thing to try, as well as hard plastic lawnchairs/lounges. I've found that I do o.k. with hard plastic, most polyurethane hard-finished wood, and enameled metal. Sometimes good stuff can be found at garage sales or thrift shops. Anything scrubbable, or so cheap that you can leave it out to outgas, might be good.

    HTH,
    Heather in WI

    ReplyDelete